Kaddas Enterprises is a manufacturer of plastic goods used in the aviation and utility markets and is looking for a driven and detail oriented individual to manage the Engineering Department. The individual will be responsible for overseeing various engineering projects, processes, and budgets. This is an exciting time to join a great company that is growing and expanding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Confer with Management, Production and Sales team to discuss project specifications and procedure.
• Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
• Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
• Oversee the Tooling development process; review opportunities to improve molds, materials and methods.
• Coordinate with Production to plan operation, maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment.
• Direct, review and approve product design and changes.
• Recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates.
• Assist Sales with clients to prepare project specifications.
• Coordinate the work and activities of engineering team to stay on task and achieve set goals. Oversee the development of staff competence.
• Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department.
• Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing policy and procedure and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 5 years’ managing a team.
• Design and product development experience required.
• ISO 9001:2008 or 2015 experience.
• Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
• Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing experience
• Strong analytical skills and ability to use technical data and resources.
• Ability to specify requirements for products, tooling and processes
• Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Overview of Position
Maintain and develop new customer relationships for the BirdguarD™ line of products. Design and implement strategic sales plans that expand the BirdguarD™ line of products: substation, distribution and transmission. Collaborate with ManagementTeam, Engineering, and Operations as required, for the design and development of new BirdguarD™ products.
1. Develop and promote strong, long-term customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their respective pain points/needs.
2. Identify achievable projects and capitalize on new opportunities by working with Management and Operations for commitment
3. Establish effective interaction and detailed communication with Customers to ensure proper design, minimizing time to market.
4. Collaborate with Engineering and Operations teams to achieve competitive pricing to win business.
5. Coordinate all aspects of development activity related to a product development project. Communicate projects thru approved software applications as required.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience or a combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience within the Electric Utility industry.
• Business Development experience preferred with progressive growth and demonstrated success.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
• Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
• Demonstrated success with customer, sales and operations collaboration in the design of new products.
• Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment as leader or team member.